Coronavirus or COVID-19
May 8, 2020
Dear Credit Union Members:
In anticipation of re-populating the Woodmen Tower, all Woodmen Federal Credit Union members as well as WoodmenLife associates, building tenants and all visitors in the Tower, are asked to wear a face covering when entering and while in the building.
We are asking our members to begin wearing face coverings beginning Monday, May 18, if feasible. We understand that the acquisition of face coverings may be difficult at this time due to demand so WoodmenLife, the owner of the building, wants to keep a flexible timeline. Therefore, if May 18 is not possible, please begin wearing a face mask or covering no later than June 1.
For members who do not already have face coverings, WoodmenLife is currently in the process of ordering disposable face coverings for the building security team to hand out when you check in. WoodmenLife is happy to provide face coverings, but please bring your own when possible. This will allow security and building management to keep an inventory of face coverings available in the event of emergency.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this policy and how we might be able to assist.
Additional means of transacting with the Credit Union are published in prior COVID-19 Updates. We look forward to seeing you soon.
April 13, 2020
As we continue to monitor guidance and the response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we will keep you informed of any legislative or executive actions that affect your accounts at Woodmen Federal Credit Union.
- IRA Program: The Federal filing due date has been extended to July 15, 2020.
April 8, 2020
Woodmen Federal Credit Union is here for you during this pandemic.
Here’s how we can help:
- To assist all our members who may be financially impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic, Woodmen Federal Credit Union is offering an additional Skip-A-Payment option during April or May. This Skip-A-Payment is in addition to the one per year you are allowed per our loan policy and any other Skip-A-Payment promotions that occur during the calendar year. Interest will continue to accrue and there is a transaction fee of $25.00 per loan. You may request your Skip-A-Payment in the Credit Union, but we encourage you to call or email to reduce the risk to your health and others.
- Skip-A-Payment options are also available for the Woodmen FCU Visa Platinum Credit Card for the month of April or May. You may also request a credit limit increase.
- The Credit Union has extended the 5% Credit Card Consolidation Promotion through the new federal taxes due date of July 15, 2020. For details refer to the ‘Credit Union News’ section of the web site.
- We have expanded our remote financial service tools to include Woodmen FCU Mobile Banking. For details refer to the ‘Credit Union News’ section of the web site.
- All ATM surcharges for machine use are being temporarily waived
- The Credit Union continues to offer curbside banking in front of the WoodmenLife Tower. Please call ahead to make arrangements.
MARCH 20, 2020
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation to implement the most current safety protocols from the CDC and local government. We would like to update you on the precautions we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff.
WoodmenLife offices and the Credit Union are using social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In efforts to further reduce customer traffic in the WoodmenLife Tower, effective March 20, 2020, until further notice, Woodmen Federal Credit Union will refund a machine service fee for using a surcharged ATM. This would be any ATM outside of our provided surcharge free All Point ATM Network. We also extend the option for a Credit Union Member Service Representative to meet your vehicle curbside in the front of the tower to complete basic banking transactions. Please call ahead to streamline this process.
Please consider using the following for your financial transactions:
Monitoring Accounts and Activity:
Home Banking Online Banking
Woodmen FCU Mobile Banking App
Woodmen FCU Mobile Banking App
Get Cash or Deposit Money:
Effective March 20, 2020, until further notice, the Credit Union will refund an ATM sur-charge. You will need to provide your receipt to process the refund. You may U.S. or E. mail, or submit the receipt(s) at a later date. We ask you to consider using All Point Surcharge Free ATMs. Locations are found within the web site with the ATM location finder link.
There are also various money transfer networks, e.g., Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal – Venmo, to name some.
Get a Loan:
You can apply for any loan we offer by filling out our online application, it is found in Home Banking under the ‘Info’ button.
Documents requiring a signature, such as loan documents, will be determined and arrangements scheduled on a case by case basis.
If you need assistance enrolling in or using any of the electronic services, please call the Credit Union at (402) 271-7285.
We respect the uncertainties inherent in the COVID-19 outbreak and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to prepare and respond to the possible impact. Please continue to monitor WoodmenFCU.org for updated information.
Clayton M. Steinberg, President
Woodmen Federal Credit Union
1700 Farnam St. Ste. 1000
Omaha, NE. 68102-2022
Phone: (402) 271-7285
FAX: (402) 449-7752